The 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are designed as a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all, and nothing less. Across the globe, we are facing major challenges, such as the climate crisis, species extinction and social inequality. But we, not least in Germany, have set ourselves ambitious goals to achieve change by 2030. What has also become clear, however, is that politics cannot get there alone. For the implementation of the 2030 Agenda to succeed, it must enjoy widespread societal support and active participation.
As such, ALL TOGETHER NOW is the motto of the Joint Action for Sustainable Development, an initiative from the Federal and Länder Governments, coordinated by the German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE). The Joint Action for Sustainable Development is an open platform that brings everyone together. From the climate-neutral sports club to the large firm transitioning to the circular economy, it unites all social actors, including clubs and associations, civil society, companies, trade unions and many more.
The Joint Action for Sustainable Development has three core aims:
- to enhance visibility Germany-wide of pre-existing engagement for sustainable development;
- to further promote this commitment, scale up solutions and win over new actors to the cause;
- to empower politics and society to develop joint solutions to tackle the challenges of the sustainability transition.
How does the Joint Action actually work?
Environmentally, socially, economically – in so many ways, we are already thinking far ahead. That’s why the Joint Action for Sustainable Development consciously builds on what is already in place and drives it forward.
- In autumn 2022, an online platform was launced to create a networking hub for sustainability initiatives, boosting their visibility.
- Events are an opportunity to put heads together, share ideas and forge alliances for the future.
- We turn goals into action with awards, action days and open social innovation processes.
The Joint Action for Sustainable Development was officially launched on 26 September 2022 at the RNE Annual Conference in Berlin.
The Joint Action for Sustainable Development is an initiative from the German Federal Government and the Länder coordinated by the German Council for Sustainable Development.
Two-Pager Joint Action for Sustainable Development
Joint Action for Sustainable Development
Short film on a new initiative from the German Federal Government and the federal states, coordinated by RNE. (Duration: 1:52)
Bodo Richter, Head of Joint Action for Sustainable Development
Sophia von Petersdorff-Campen, Coordination
Jan Korte, Coordination
Stefanie Ehrich, Office Management
Phone: +49 (0)30 338424-382
Joint Action for Sustainable Development in Social Media