Ulrich Schraml is head of the Forest and Society Department at the Forest Research Institute of Baden-Württemberg (FVA) in Freiburg, Germany. He previously held the Chair of Forest and Environmental Policy at the University of Freiburg.
His research work focuses on areas such as property, recreation and health, sustainability management and practical conflict resolution in fields such as tourism, conservation areas, species conservation and hunting. Ulrich Schraml has been a member of the German Council for Sustainable Development since November 2016.
- Head of the Forest and Society Department, Forest Research Institute of Baden-Württemberg
- Member of the German Council for Sustainable Development
- up to 2014
- Head of the Chair of Forest and Environmental Policy, University of Freiburg
- ‘Habilitation’ (post-doctoral qualification for entitlement to teach at a university) for the disciplines Forest and Environmental Policy with a dissertation on social change among private forest owners and forest policy instruments
- Obtained a doctorate at the Faculty of Forest Science, University of Freiburg, with a thesis on norms and behaviour of hunters
- 1989 – 1994
- Forest science studies at in the University of Munich
Research and teaching
- Forest ownership, recreational use of forests, species and biotope conservation, wild animal management
- Forest policy instruments focusing on support, communal forest management, urban forestry and dealing with wild animals
- Process consulting and conflict management in the fields of conservation area management, species conservation and sustainability management
This press photo can be used free of charge for media coverage when connected with a copyright note.
To download the photo in high resolution we recommend to click the link with the right mouse key. The photo file can then be saved to your computer via the context menu “Save target/link as…” (or similar).