Lucia Reisch is a behavioral economist and full professor for intercultural consumer research and European consumer policy at the Copenhagen Business School. She is also Visiting Professor at Friedrichshafen’s Zeppelin University, Germany. She is the Editor-in-chief of the ‘Journal of Consumer Policy’ and is currently chairing several German and European research projects in the field of sustainable development.
The main focus of her work is on consumer and sustainability policy, empirical research into consumer behaviour (in particular sustainable consumption and production) as well as behaviourally based regulation and innovation research. She has been chairing the Advisory Council for Consumer Affairs of the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection (BMJV) since 2014 and is a member of the German Bioeconomy Council. She serves on several boards of directors (e.g., Stiftung Warentest) and boards of trustees (e.g., oekom Research AG, Ökoinstitut e.V. Freiburg). Since 2010, she is a member of the German Council for Sustainable Development.
Born in Stuttgart
Studies in economic sciences at the University Hohenheim in Stuttgart (Germany) and business administration at the UC Los Angeles, USA
Awarding of her doctorate in economic sciences
Since 2006 Professor for intercultural consumer research and European consumer policy at the Copenhagen Business School, Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility
Since January 2011 Visiting Professor at Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen; Director of the Research Center for Consumer, Markets and Politics
About 400 publications and disseminations
Editor-in-chief of the international ‘Journal of Consumer Policy‘ (Springer Nature Publishers)
Presently involved in several German and European research projects, inter alia on sustainable nutrition and sustainable fashion, health behavior in children and youth, prevention of obesity in children, global value chains, user-integrated sustainability innovations, consumers in the digital world, and behaviorally based policies for the Energiewende
- Since 2014
- Chair of the Advisory Council for Consumer Affairs of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection (BMJV)
- Since 2012
- Member and deputy chairwoman of the Baden-Württemberg Council on Sustainable Development (Beirat der Landesregierung für nachhaltige Entwicklung des Landes Baden-Württemberg)
- Since 2010
- Member of the German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE)
- 2006 – 2016
- Chairperson of the Consumer Commission of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- 2001 – 2010
- Member and chairperson of the Scientific Advisory Board for Consumption and Nutrition Policy of the Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV), Berlin
- Member of the Ethics Commission ‘Safe Energy Supply’ appointed by the Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel
Further Commitment (selected)
- Member of the National Academy of Science and Engineering
- Member of the German Bioeconomy Council, Berlin
- Member of the Board of the Stockholm School of Economics’ Mistra Center for Sustainable Markets (MISUM), Stockholm
- Member of the Management Board of Directors of Stiftung Warentest Berlin
- Member of the Advisory Board of the oekom research AG, Munich
- Trustee of the Ökoinstitut e.V. Freiburg
- Trustee of the Dr. Rainer Wild Stiftung Heidelberg
This press photo can be used free of charge for media coverage when connected with a copyright note.
To download the photo in high resolution we recommend to click the link with the right mouse key. The photo file can then be saved to your computer via the context menu “Save target/link as…” (or similar).